True Scale House Framing Kit
Two in one! The True Scale House Framing Kit is unique in that you can build it with either a gable or hipped roof.
Two in one! The True Scale House Framing Kit is unique in that you can build it with either a gable or hipped roof. Whichever roof style is selected, students learn about:
- Dimensioning the lumber to the scale of real lumber used in construction.
- Reading house plan drawings.
- Using construction techniques in accordance with the International Building Code.
- Construction terminology.
- Attention to detail.
The framing kit is for a home featuring a standard, two-bedroom layout.
Also requires a hammer, needle-nose pliers, waxed paper, and masking tape, sold separately.
What You’ll Get
- 1:16 balsa wood lumber
- 60 sticks (1/8″ x 1/4″ x 24″)
- 5 sticks (1/8″ x 3/4″ x 24″)
- 20 sticks (1/16″ x 3/8″ x 18″)
- 80 sticks (1/8″ x 3/8″ x 18″)
- 225 precut studs (1/8″ x 1/4″ x 5″ – 11/16″)
- Lumberjack Cutter
- Architect scale
- Nails (pins)
- 12 sheets house plans
- Foam base
- Printed user guide